2020 – The year I learned that the old saying: “You don’t know what you have until it is gone!” is SO TRUE! I was made totally aware of all my blessings and freedoms that I had always taken for granted without even a thought, especially the little ones:
- Hugging my Mom, sisters and friends
- Meeting family and friends at a restaurant or bar
- Traveling whenever I wanted
- Smiling at strangers in the grocery store and getting a smile back
All of these blessings have to do with human connection. Reaching out and connecting with someone whether they are a parent, sibling, friend or stranger. It is what I miss the most and what I hadn’t realized until 2020 how important this connection is to my well being and happiness.
Post Covid Dreams
I can’t wait to:
- Hug my Mom,
- Travel to see my California family, and
- Sit at a Bar and drink a beer with a friend!
Bring on the Vaccines!!
Missy, Lake Stevens